It is important for scout parents to be actively informed and involved with the troop to support their son’s scouting journey. Take the time to familiarize yourself with and actively support scouting methods. Start with this site as a reference so that your guidance and actions are consistent with the Troop 12 program.
- Subscribe to the Troop 12 Calendar.
- Read the Troop 12 emails and attachments promptly
- Talk to your boy about activities and events
- Talk to adult leaders and ask questions at meetings
- Subscribe to the troop calendar
- Plan in advance for summer camp
- Sign up as a driver and adult camper
- Take youth protection training
- Become a merit badge counselor,
- Join a committee